January 19, 2013

Ode to Summer

Ode to summer
Very excited to now be able to showcase the new collection over at Meg's Garden.
Here in Australia we are in the middle of Summer, long hot days, warm barmy nights, as a child growing up the summer was buckets and baskets of fruit which my mother jammed and preserved for at least a good part of January, for us to enjoy all year round. I too tried to keep up the tradition when my children were young, unfortunately we no longer have our fruit trees in the backyard, but still proudly have the jam pot which has been passed down in my cupboard hopefully one day I will be able to grow again an Apricot tree and continue the Jam tradition.
My photo I must tell you was taken on a 40 degree day here in Adelaide,







 working with accordion folds with some previous collection







1 comment:

  1. Denise, I just found your blog and I am absolutely blown away by your beautiful work. So intricate. You have to look and look to see everything. AWESOME!!! On this particular card you have some roses that are outlined with something. It makes them look so beautiful...what is that??? I want to take classes from you!!! Do you teach on-line?? I'm in America!!!

    ReplyDelete